– Our primary focus is to make Disciples – disciplined “learners” and followers of Jesus who live by the Word and are continually growing in their relationship with Him.
According to 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, our vision is to “reconcile the word to God with the Love of Christ” through the “Ministry of Reconciliation.”
Disciples for Christ is a multi-cultural congregation of believers in agreement to the movement of the Church of God. We are fulfilling the vision of this ministry by nurturing, equipping, and developing people with the Word of God, through the Name of Jesus, and by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Our plan is to thrive as a N.E.D. Ministry within DFC that not only is the catalyst in fulfilling the overall Mission and Vision of the church but also in completing the “goals” successfully.
The philosophy of our N.E.D. Ministry is to encourage, educate and elevate. We believe that with a N.E.D. Ministry mindset, saints will not only affirm their faith in God but also experience their faith as “Spirit-filled” believers.
N.E.D. means to:
- Nurture – We must take time to encourage people with the Word of God.
- Equip – We must commit to educate people about the Blood of Jesus.
- Develop – We must elevate people to fulfill God’s will, HIS plan and purpose for their lives by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
- Get to heaven by being ready when Christ returns,
- Take as many people as possible with us,
- Enjoy life abundantly – Now,
- Build a multicultural worship center
- Build a multicultural community center
- Do numbers 1-5 with so much love that it must be duplicated to the rest of the world, AND
- Understand that this is how We are “reconciling the World to God with the Love of Christ.”
What We Believe:
Declaration of Faith
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
The Church of God’s offer scriptural guidelines for practical Christian living.
We will demonstrate our commitment to Christ through our practice of the spiritual disciplines; we will demonstrate our commitment to the body of Christ through our loyalty to God and commitment to His church; and we will demonstrate our commitment to the work of Christ through our being good stewards.
We will engage in those activities which glorify God in our body and which avoid the fulfillment of the lust of the flesh. We will read, watch and listen to those things which are of positive benefit to our spiritual well-being.
We will live in a manner that inspires trust and confidence, bearing the fruit of the Spirit and seeking to manifest the character of Christ in all our behavior.
We will give priority to fulfilling family responsibilities, to preserving the sanctity of marriage and to maintaining divine order in the home.
We will practice temperance in behavior and will abstain from activities and attitudes which are offensive to our fellowman or which lead to addiction or enslavement.
We will demonstrate the scriptural principle of modesty by appearing and dressing in a manner that will enhance our Christian testimony and will avoid pride, elaborateness or sensuality.
It should be our objective to fulfill our obligations to society by being good citizens, by correcting social injustices, and by protecting the sanctity of life.